Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer freezing after a windows update

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Protoid

Protoid

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:25 PM

Posted 02 January 2010 - 05:15 AM

My computer has been freezing (with the error "A parity error was detected on \Device\RaidPort0." repeated multitudes of times in the system log) vaguely every 5-10 minutes while in any fullscreen application or 3d game.
This started shortly after a windows update for my motherboard's drivers (NVIDIA 8200). I've tried rolling back the drivers, installing a new copy of the ACPI driver, and playing with my BIOS- nothing's changed
video games are unplayable, autocad unusable, etc. :huh:
All help is appreciated!

EDIT: fixed the number- accidently wrote 9200

Edited by Protoid, 02 January 2010 - 05:32 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 GamerX

GamerX

• Members
  • 111 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:25 PM

Posted 02 January 2010 - 07:14 AM

My computer has been freezing (with the error "A parity error was detected on \Device\RaidPort0." repeated multitudes of times in the system log) vaguely every 5-10 minutes while in any fullscreen application or 3d game.
This started shortly after a windows update for my motherboard's drivers (NVIDIA 8200). I've tried rolling back the drivers, installing a new copy of the ACPI driver, and playing with my BIOS- nothing's changed
video games are unplayable, autocad unusable, etc. :huh:
All help is appreciated!

EDIT: fixed the number- accidently wrote 9200

Have you tried deleting the drivers and restarting the system??? That would be my first approach in fixing the problem.

Fate: protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise. -Commander Riker ST:NG , “Contagion”

My forum Tech-linkforum
My blog Tech-linkblog

#3 Protoid

Protoid
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2010 - 02:25 PM

I thought of that but didn't know if you could safely delete ACPI drivers

EDIT:can I?

Edited by Protoid, 02 January 2010 - 10:22 PM.

#4 Protoid

Protoid
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2010 - 10:24 PM

No disabling, uninstalling, or deleting the ACPI driver... (which I think is to blame for the freezing)
Attached File  Capture.JPG   42.99KB   15 downloads

#5 Protoid

Protoid
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2010 - 04:36 PM

Sorry about the triple-post, but can anyone help?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users