Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't record sound from speakers

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ooweirdoo

ooweirdoo

• Members
  • 90 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:13 AM

Posted 02 January 2010 - 01:36 AM

I'm trying to record sound from games and my speech through microphone with ZD SOFT GAME RECORDER but it only records my speech
so i checked around and realized that I dont have Stereo Mix on my sounds (maybe that is the problem?)

edit: when i use fraps and "direct stream" the audio i can record what i hear but not what i say
and when i use "use windows input" i can hear what i say but not what i hear...
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by ooweirdoo, 02 January 2010 - 01:43 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• BC Advisor
  • 4,815 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:13 AM

Posted 03 January 2010 - 09:05 PM

I searched in vain for weeks trying to get Stereo Mix to work on my Dell Inspiron 1545. I later realized you need the latest drivers for your sound card to have Stereo Mix. Don't trust Device Manager to tell you if you have updated drivers or not. Go to the website of your computer's manufacturer and download the latest drivers for your audio (they are specific to operating system and model of computer).

What brand/model computer do you have?

After updating my drivers, Stereo Mix works great! :thumbsup:
PICNIC - Problem In Chair, Not In Computer

Posted Image Posted Image

20 Things I Learned About Browsers and the Web

#3 ooweirdoo

ooweirdoo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 90 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:13 AM

Posted 26 January 2010 - 04:01 PM

I searched in vain for weeks trying to get Stereo Mix to work on my Dell Inspiron 1545. I later realized you need the latest drivers for your sound card to have Stereo Mix. Don't trust Device Manager to tell you if you have updated drivers or not. Go to the website of your computer's manufacturer and download the latest drivers for your audio (they are specific to operating system and model of computer).

What brand/model computer do you have?

After updating my drivers, Stereo Mix works great! :thumbsup:

really. i have stereo mix now but when i tried to record, it tells me that my sound card is not full-duplex or something is missing
i have realtek and ati high definition audio device..

#4 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• BC Advisor
  • 4,815 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:13 AM

Posted 26 January 2010 - 07:53 PM

Hmmm....never seen an error like that.

You might try the Internal Hardware sub-forum, as I have no knowledge to give beyond this point. Sorry. :thumbsup:
PICNIC - Problem In Chair, Not In Computer

Posted Image Posted Image

20 Things I Learned About Browsers and the Web

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users