Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

this might be the wrong forum, but...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 buholley

buholley

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:53 AM

Posted 01 January 2010 - 10:31 PM

...I am working on a DVD slideshow project right now to honor the life of my Mother, who passed away a little over a year ago.

I wasn't too impressed with Movie Maker, so I chose to download a trial version of Muvee 6 about a week ago. I definitely didn't like this program at all, as it was slow and not very user friendly.

Within about 24 hours, I had decided not to use Muvee 6, so I uninstalled it.

Since then, I have not been able to back up any photos or documents to CDR or CDRW. I just keep getting an error message about "drive not accessible - access denied".

I did a diagnostics on the CDRom drive and it comes up perfectly fine. Also, I can burn CDs from Media Player, but not from some of the other locations you should normally be able to access.

When I put in a CDRW that I wish to erase now, it won't give me the option. And when I put a CDR in the drive, and right click to access the "send to" option, "E" drive doesn't even show up in the window. Very odd.

I'm thinking that the Muvee software hooked into my registry somehow and it messed things up by uninstalling it.

Any thoughts or suggestions? There is no virus or anything like that.

Thank you.

By the way, I have XP, and have been using an Epson Scanner and Photoshop to do the scanning and editing. No problems there. It's only after loading and then uninstalling Muvee 6 have I had any problems.

Edited by buholley, 01 January 2010 - 10:33 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,260 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:53 AM

Posted 04 January 2010 - 01:46 PM

Hmmmm.... how odd.

Let's try to diagnose the problem. Please try to burn a cd, and after it fails check XP's Event Log for any CD-related errors. Check both the System Log and the Application Log. Please post the full text and numbers of any events that are CD drive related (it will say either "CDROM" or something similar in the "Source" column.)

#3 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,130 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:53 AM

Posted 04 January 2010 - 04:00 PM

Once we get your computer up and working, have you tried nero? The latest version Nero 9 does DVD slide shows. You can download a the free trial and see how you like it. I haven't had any problems thus far uninstalling it and reinstalling it. Older versions were limited to 99 photos I beleive Nero 9 is much longer. I can ask the wife about that.
Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users