Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mac G4 Ram Trouble

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,486 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:20 AM

Posted 01 January 2010 - 09:55 PM

Hi,

I have a Mac G4, agp graphics with a dual core ppc running leopard, and every 4 or 5 weeks i have o replace a ram card because the mac fails to start. it is always one ram card sometimes in the same slot sometimes in a different one. any ideas?
sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 starcraftmaster

starcraftmaster

• Members
  • 1,109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:20 PM

Posted 01 January 2010 - 11:31 PM

Have you overclock any thing ? not sure if you can overclock in mac but cant see why not. Maybe the power supply is dying and killing other hard ware with it.

Is it still under warranty ? Guessing its not since it is AGP.

Edited by starcraftmaster, 01 January 2010 - 11:33 PM.

#3 Buddyme2

Buddyme2

• Members
  • 706 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:20 AM

Posted 02 January 2010 - 09:45 PM

Faulty RAM? Run an overnight test on them with memtest.
http://www.memtestosx.org/joomla/index.php

#4 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• Topic Starter

• 4,486 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:20 AM

Posted 03 January 2010 - 08:11 PM

no its not really possible as far as i know to overclock a mac especially a power pc g4, and i know its not the power supply i have just replaced it because that was causing a totally different problem. also no it is not still under warranty. also the ram cards are fairly new.

also it has been working fine for 4 days now with no problem i have even left it on all night for 3 out of the 4 days.

Edited by computerxpds, 03 January 2010 - 08:12 PM.

sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users