Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Firefox extremely slow.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Shindou

Shindou

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:25 PM

Posted 01 January 2010 - 07:13 PM

Well, I have no clue what is going on, all of a sudden, FF takes about 5 minutes to open any webpage, and it will not let me click on anything, including other tabs or the stop button, when it is doing this. I can open another copy of FF, but it does the same thing. I have cleared my cache and cookies, nothing, updated to the beta version of FF, it increased the speed so it now takes a little less than 4 minutes, yes, I did time it...

I am using Win 7 Ultimate, and IE works just fine, even though I hate to use it, I must to even post this problem, I ran MBAM and it found 4 things related to Recycler. Spybot refuses to scan, it will update and Immunize with no problem, but scanning causes it to freezr, even left it overnight. I defragged 2 days ago. Can't think of anything else I did that would help you.

Thank you in advance for assisting me.

EDIT: Strangely enough, it works just fine in Safe Mode....I don't have, to my knowledge anyway, any non-standard FF addons or extensions, just the basics, FireFTP, ChatZilla, Flash, Office things that I can't make go away....Java, Acrobat, AdBlock, .NET Framework thingy, iTunes thingy, etc.

EDIT2: Somehow, by changing nothing I knew I changed, aka, the preferences, it fixed itself....something must have changed it's preferences in some hidden file I never touched, because all issues are gone....

Edited by Shindou, 02 January 2010 - 07:07 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users