Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Terrible feedback

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Jerms1

Jerms1

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:07 AM

Posted 01 January 2010 - 06:22 PM

I have a pair of Razer Moray headphones running through a Razer Lycosa Keybaord which is connected into the back of a PCI sound card. I know a fair bit about computers, but I am no wizard.
My issue is this; when nothing is playing, no sound; I get terrible feedback "buzzing". It is continuous until I move my mouse (Also a Razer, not sure if that matters), when I move the mouse, it turns into a beeping sort of sound. It was funny for the first ten seconds, making buzzing songs moving my mouse, but it is now very frustrating. I have tried several other headphones, some I have plugged straight into the PC; which improves it slightly, but my Moray's are my choice headphones, because they sound fantastic besides this feedback.
If anyone knows what it might be, let me know.

Other attempts at fixing I have tried-
Plugged into motherboard sound; feedback is gone, BUT; I wish to use my soundcard as its sound quality is much greater than my Motherboard. In my opinion at least.
I have tried turning off other programs, including anti-virus for 10 seconds to see if it would remove the feedback, no success.
Unplugged different bits of hardware, mouse, Ext. Hd. etc. No success.

Thanks to anyone who provides assistance!

BTW: I use Foobar2000 for my mediaplayer. Not sure if that makes any difference.
If all else fails- Buy a pen and paper

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Jerms1

Jerms1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:07 AM

Posted 01 January 2010 - 06:24 PM

I use Windows XP Sp3. Forgot to mention that. Computer is a 2.6 AMD duel. 8600GT 1gb. 2gb RAM and a 250gb Harddrive. I can provide more information if anyone needs it.
If all else fails- Buy a pen and paper

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users