Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

windows admin password issue

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 imwright1985

imwright1985

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:43 AM

Posted 01 January 2010 - 02:50 PM

I can access my work account on my laptop (Different Layout for getting through my work day easily) but just got a break from work since its the dead season and cant access my home account which is unfortunatly the admin account. Both accounts are password protected (work one is easy for people that I allow to use the computer for Quick graphics design projects, helping with scheduling looking up info and printing off backups to report logs since not all of us are told the networking info so limited computer use occurs rather than anyone being able to pull up the network) because the laptop sits unsupervised at times but is locked out from some programs, has very restricted internet access and can't get on the admin account to change the password to something like my dogs name or something that will be easy enough for me to stumble across the next time I try using my laptop at home as a better personal computer than what my desktop is. Im mostly getting tired of trying to guess all of my passwords i have used, an occasional number change on some variations and things like that but if there is any log i can pull from my work account or reset it without loosing all the saved passwords from the remember this password feature that would be awsome.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 imwright1985

imwright1985
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:43 AM

Posted 01 January 2010 - 05:10 PM

I have been guessing everything i could think of and still nowhere, kinda wondering if someone at work may have changed it. I am at the point now where i can care less about saving any of my stored passwords but am trying to just get admin status back, tried promoting my work account to admin then was going to erase the old admin account, no luck, tried to reset through security console and no luck. I think my disk is locked in the office though and cant get through the front door unless i get lucky since the offices are closed until march and i only have a key to my office. Tried looking through various logs to see if i could find a pattern to where i could see similarities for tried passwords and what a good one from like 6 months ago was to where i could try cracking it that way but no luck since i cant find a log.

#3 Guest_The weatherman_*

Guest_The weatherman_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 01 January 2010 - 05:27 PM

I think you should read this part of the BleepingComputer.com Message Board Rules:

No subject matter will be allowed whose purpose is to defeat existing copyright or security measures. If a user persists and/or the activity is obviously illegal the staff reserves the right to remove such content and/or ban the user. This would also mean encouraging the use or continued use of pirated software is not permitted, and subject to the same consequences.

#4 imwright1985

imwright1985
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 01 January 2010 - 06:00 PM

OK sorry about that, figured since i atleast had access to one of my accounts it would show that im doing this for my personal computer that i had some access into windows. Guess i gotta wait to get to my Recovery CD's outa the office. Can you lock the thread or delete it since it conflicts with your TOS then

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users