Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

exploding computer

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 whirringgoodtime

whirringgoodtime

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:20 PM

Posted 01 January 2010 - 02:04 PM

My computer starts whirring its the only way i can describe it and it sounds like it is going to explode soon it only seems to do this when I am playing games so what can i do to improve how it runs the games most specifically facebook applications

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 GamerX

GamerX

• Members
  • 111 posts
  •  

Posted 01 January 2010 - 02:25 PM

My computer starts whirring its the only way i can describe it and it sounds like it is going to explode soon it only seems to do this when I am playing games so what can i do to improve how it runs the games most specifically facebook applications

Does Any of this sound Familiar??

Warning Signs of hard drive trouble!

Have a quick listen to some of these sounds and if it sounds familiar then You should let me know:

Failing Hard Drive Sounds

Let me know!!!

Fate: protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise. -Commander Riker ST:NG , “Contagion”

My forum Tech-linkforum
My blog Tech-linkblog

#3 whirringgoodtime

whirringgoodtime
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 01 January 2010 - 07:10 PM

i checked the sounds and none of them are right it sounds like the computer is working reallllly hard but there are no clunks or screeches could it be the system needs to be upgraded or the hard drive maybe
I have no idea

#4 GamerX

GamerX

• Members
  • 111 posts
  •  

Posted 01 January 2010 - 07:23 PM

I would have to guess that it just might need to be blown out?? Have you tried to use the CD/DVD rom and did that make it start making that sound?? It could be the Power Supply? The Best think you can do is take it to your local repair shop and have them look at it. If you can replicate it using something other than facebook then we can nail it down more!!

Fate: protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise. -Commander Riker ST:NG , “Contagion”

My forum Tech-linkforum
My blog Tech-linkblog

#5 Guest_The weatherman_*

Guest_The weatherman_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 01 January 2010 - 07:34 PM

Try this also: Cleaning the Interior of your PC.

#6 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 01 January 2010 - 08:08 PM

When you have the side off, check and make sure there are not any wires hitting the fan blade
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#7 whirringgoodtime

whirringgoodtime
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:20 PM

Posted 01 January 2010 - 08:47 PM

the sound is similar to when you boot the system up and its trying to run all the start up programs but it lasts longer and it seems a lot louder

#8 GamerX

GamerX

• Members
  • 111 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2010 - 07:06 AM

the sound is similar to when you boot the system up and its trying to run all the start up programs but it lasts longer and it seems a lot louder

Just to be clear, You sure it isn't coming from the speakers of either the inside or outside?? You have one speaker in the desktop and a sound card with a plug. See what happens if you unplug them both. Does the desktop have a vibration when it is doing this? Like something is gyrating in the case??

My forum Tech-linkforum
My blog Tech-linkblog

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users