Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

WIN 98 attempts to install a prog at start-up

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 johnL

johnL

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:49 AM

Posted 19 August 2005 - 03:22 PM

Hello, someone using my computer downloaded Forte CE, a Java development program(?). It never successfully installed, and is not needed. I deleted the folder containing the files that were downloaded. The problem is that at start-up windows trys to run the install program for it, and comes back with the error file not found or that the shrtcut points to a file or program that can't be found. How do I keep windows from trying to load files associated with this deleted program at start-up?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 19 August 2005 - 03:50 PM

There is something remaining that was not deleted, most likely. See if you can recognise whatever is causing this in your startup applications and kill the process. If you have Spybot, you can use its startup tool to find it and suppress it.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 River_Rat

River_Rat

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  

Posted 19 August 2005 - 05:07 PM

Go to your Control Panel and open your Java navigate to the Cache probably under settings and clear the cache see if that will stop it from trying to run.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users