Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem opening folders

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 JoeWatson

JoeWatson

• Members
  • 109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:40 PM

Posted 01 January 2010 - 06:05 AM

OS Win XP Pro SP3 Browser Firefox 3.5.6

I am having a problem opening folders with a double left click. When I do this now it opens my VLC media player and the folder doesn't show. If I right click on the folder, the first 6 items on the drop down menu are:

Add to VLC media player's playlist (in bold)
Open command window here
Search
Play with VLC Media Player
Open
Explore

I have tried going into folder options>>File types and highlighting [NONE] Folder where there are two alternatives 'open' and 'explore'. I tried each one and set them as Default but it didn't change anything.

Any Ideas please?

Thank you

Joe

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:03:40 AM

Posted 01 January 2010 - 09:33 AM

Go back to File Types/Folder Options/File Types.
Scroll through the list until you find the file extension.
Highlight it, click Change. Choose the program to open the file.
Make sure Always use the selected program to open this type of file is checked.

Click OK.
See if it works.

If it does work for one, you'll have to reset every extension that is having the issue.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users