Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Continuous duplicate email problem

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 JuneL

JuneL

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:40 PM

Posted 01 January 2010 - 05:11 AM

Hello

This is my first post to this site which looks like a great resource!

A friend recently sent a response to an email I'd sent her which included several embedded photos. Her email included lots of 'goobledegook' (random letters and numbers) and the photos had been deleted. I also received 30 duplicate emails that only contained the goobledook. Each email had a different number at the end of the subject line but was posted at the same time. After that I've received about 12 copies of this same email each time I open Outlook. I've done a scan of Program Files using ESET Smart Security but nothing was found. I'm running Windows 7 and Microsoft Office 2007.

My friend let me know that something similar has happened before and that she has problems every time she tries to send an attachment.

Any suggestions about how to fix this problem would be greatly appreciated!

many thanks

June

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:09:40 PM

Posted 01 January 2010 - 09:45 AM

A common cause of this is a bad message on the server that Outlook is unable to download properly. When it gets to that message it stops downloading and never continues to the step where it deletes the downloaded messages from the server. The next time you try to download, those same messages are still on the server and they get downloaded again.

Login to webmail and delete all the messages that have been getting downloaded repeatedly, and delete the next message after them, which is likely to be the one that's causing the failure. Then try downloading with Outlook again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users