Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

AIM video chat - sound sent is barely audible

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 trashcan7

trashcan7

• Members
  • 402 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:48 PM

Posted 01 January 2010 - 02:44 AM

I have a Windows XP with an HP Deluxe Webcam. When I go into AIM video chat, the other person cannot hear me through the webcam's mic.

I know the webcam mic itself is perfectly fine because I have tested it through other applications, and I know the AIM mic volume is at max and the volume through control panel is at max. I have even tested this using a different mic, and the other person still cannot hear me unless I practically stick the mic inside my mouth.

I have no idea what's going on. If I reroute the sound from the speakers to the mic (by unmuting "front mic"), the other person can hear it perfectly fine. It's just the mic itself that cannot be heard.

EDIT: Please do not multiple post

Edited by garmanma, 01 January 2010 - 12:14 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 trashcan7

trashcan7
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 402 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:48 PM

Posted 02 January 2010 - 06:08 PM

This problem is NOT RESOLVED and I still am looking for a solution.

I've figured out that the AIM version doesn't matter, but it's still not working in AIM. Actually, when I did a one-way video chat, the otehr person could hear me perfectly fine.

Edited by trashcan7, 02 January 2010 - 07:16 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users