Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

AVG can not be installed/Task manager disabled ..............

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 anura

anura

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:44 PM

Posted 31 December 2009 - 01:12 PM

windows xp service pack 2: -task manager does not open -

Virus came from Internet when one month free kaspersky virus guard free version was about to end.I was not able to surf on the net .I got it checked by one .he too could not solve.i can not install one year paiid kaspersky virus guard ;it gets stuck half way .pop ups appear. task manager does not appear . " altr+ ctrl +del " does not function .;right click on task bar shows the name 'task manager ' but does not open ;task bar can be maximized .the way :

" start/run/regedit/...../software/microsoft/..../..../...../......./.../system/ " says the below

Disable registrytools REG_DWORD 0x00000000(0)
Disabletaskmgr REG_DWORD 0x00000000(0)
NoDispCPL REG_DWORD 0x00000000(0)

what shall I do to get task manager back ?how can get machine restored ? please help.
Thank you all .

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 anura

anura
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 01 January 2010 - 01:08 AM

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL.!

when i try to down load the AVG free virus guard and install it says to unstall " PC live guard ",I can not find such a software in the control pannel .Can you please help me .How can I remove this " pc live guard "?

thank you all .

#3 petewills

petewills

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:44 AM

Posted 01 January 2010 - 06:37 AM

See this topic:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-remo...e-pc-live-guard

#4 Roger_45

Roger_45

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 13 December 2010 - 01:56 AM

Task manager can be launched either by pressing CTRL+ALT+DEL or by typing C:\Windows\System32\taskmgr.exe in the command prompt box. But if you are getting the error message “Task manager disabled by administrator” while launching the task manager it may be for the virus that enters in your system or the administrator permission could have stopped its use by some other user….
Follow the guideline to enable your task manager http://www.completepcpedia.com/task_manager.html
Good luck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users