Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Error while intalling windows 2000 professional

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mahavir_tehri

mahavir_tehri

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:06 AM

Posted 19 August 2005 - 01:17 PM

I am installing windows 2000 professional service pack 1 on my 40 gb samsung harddrive.

After the first phase if installion when computer restarts and first time windows 2000 screen appears, and after that a blue screen flash on my monitor saying Stop: C0000219 (fatal system error)
The windows logon process system process terminated unexpectedly.

My system configuration are-:
Pentium 4 1.6gh
via 845 series motherboard
128mb of ram
samsung cd rom 52X

There is no other operating system in my harddrive. it is totally blank.I have checked out the hard disk for bad sectors and virus,it is free from them.I have also checked that all the hardware are properly
installed.
But the problem remains there. Please help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 thedon57

thedon57

• Members
  • 286 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:06 PM

Posted 19 August 2005 - 06:01 PM

Hi that error number does not come up but it could be to do with your ram as it is 128 try another 128 alongside it then try and run it and see what happens. :thumbsup:
Now installed Microsoft Security Essencials on my Tower with Windows Home Premium 32bit and Toshiba Satellite Pro Laptop with Windows Home Premium 64bit

#3 River_Rat

River_Rat

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:06 AM

Posted 19 August 2005 - 07:15 PM

This is an error produced by the BIOS.
Go to the BIOS and set to systems defaults.
Is this computer fairly old?
Check the MB manufacture to see if there is any BIOS updates of upgrades.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users