Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Reinstallation problems

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 mikey3air

mikey3air

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:17 PM

Posted 31 December 2009 - 09:17 PM

Hey there all superior computer experts - Happy New Year!

To start the new year right, I finally (after many tries) got the computer to recognize my reinstallation CD in my Dell Desktop 8250.

All proceeded well until the Windows welcome screen appeared, each name requiring a password. Nothing will work to get me into the system, the "talk to your system administrator box" appearing instead of login - with or without any password.

I've tried everything I can think of: "admin" does not work, nor blank, space, every password Ive ever used - I cannot enter the system anywhere, or get this 'puter to read the reconstruction CD. I've gone into system set-up (F2 & F12) to get this thing to boot from the restoration CD and used every variation, password or no password in security.

It will not read the CD in safe mode or normal startup to do a new reload either.

Can anyone help me out here? I am disabled, waiting for Social Security to set a hearing date (they make you go broke first, before giving SSDI) so I can't just go get a new one.

Please help!

Thanks,
Mike : {D (trusting God will bring me an answer)

(this message was sent with an iPhone)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:17 PM

Posted 31 December 2009 - 09:34 PM

Are you able to download\view PDF files on an iphone?

#3 mikey3air

mikey3air
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 31 December 2009 - 09:43 PM

Dear ThunderZ

According to Adobe Systems, iPhones cannot use flash yet. I am not sure about PDFs. Why do you ask?

Thanks for the reply!

Mike : {D

(this message was sent from an iPhone)

#4 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  

Posted 31 December 2009 - 09:51 PM

I was going to give you a link to the manual for your machine. On page 71 are the instructions for using the restore and drivers utility disk for your machine.

#5 mikey3air

mikey3air
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 01 January 2010 - 12:12 AM

I am willing to try anything…I don't see why a PDF file wouldn't work…could I get the address from you so I could give it a try?

Thanks!

#6 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  

Posted 01 January 2010 - 09:34 AM

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/syst...50/K0004bk0.pdf < Direct download

When you did the fresh install just how how did you go about it? Did you boot from the disk. Or was Windows running?

Also, was there any data you wanted saved?

Edited by ThunderZ, 01 January 2010 - 09:41 AM.

#7 mikey3air

mikey3air
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2010 - 08:56 PM

Well, I finally got it to load. It seems that my CD drive was not reading correctly, so I borrowed my girlfriends and got past the problems...at least most. There are still a few glitches, but they seem to be a matter of updatiing old programs in an old computer with the advancement of technology by-passing my set-up.

I am to the slow and tedious process of bringing everything up to date and have a few difficulties, but seem to be managing. The manual will help with future info - thanks so much ThunderZ!

:thumbsup:

#8 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2010 - 10:46 PM

Your :thumbsup:

Hope all go`s smoothly from here for you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users