Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Malware Help - Name Still Unknown - Google Redirecting/more.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 StonedByMalware

StonedByMalware

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:32 PM

Posted 31 December 2009 - 09:11 PM

Hello,
Came back from the Holidays to an infected computer, with thanks to my 13, 15, 16 and 19 year old cousins who used my school computer instead of my desktop! What they got on my computer, I have no idea, except that I get re-directed to "gimmebargains.com" or it will re-direct TO that website, and to another one (and the second link is usually the one that changes up every time.) The eldest of my cousins, while I was away, attempted to fix my computer prior to me coming back.

Now I have all of these programs, weird re-directions, and a slowing computer.

Here are the programs or files that he (or the virus/malware or whatever) tried to use, I can't differ whether they're viruses or anti-malware programs:
-Hijack This
-CCleaner
-Ad-Aware
-Malware Bytes
-McAfee
and the weird .exe's on my desktop and weird files I have not seen before:
-bspsvt2z.exe and has a .exe box, except it says GMER in it?
-TDSSKiller.exe
-RSIT.exe
-Silent Runners.vbs

Weird new folders:
-ComboFix (folder that's located in C:)
-Qoobox (located on C:)
-MarkAny (Program Files)
-MyFreeCodec (Program Files)
-Trillian (Program Files)

And that's all I've come across - I've called and ask if he's posted on these websites or another but he said he read it off of another blog and tried it.

Once again, thank you for any of your help that you can help me out with and hopefully I can get out of this mess.

Happy New Years.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,946 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:32 AM

Posted 31 December 2009 - 09:21 PM

As no logs have been posted, I am shifting this topic from the specialized HiJack This forum to the Am I Infected forum.

==>PLEASE DO NOT NOW POST LOGS<== unless a log is specifically requested.
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users