Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 64 bit on HP Presario

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 artinusa

artinusa

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:23 AM

Posted 31 December 2009 - 06:45 PM

A MS DTC component has encountered an internal error. The process is being terminated. Error Specifics: DtcSystemShutdown (d:\w7rtm\com\complus\dtc\dtc\msdtc\src\msdtc.cpp@2539): Shutting down with an error 4441 in the SVC

I see this error many many time in my event viewer I can not use the HP asssitant becasue it uses this facility and fail..seem to be a log isuue I searched and see nothing current on the web for this isue yet... stuff from win2000 is no use

I have a recovery partion on D: nothing else made ny my system I guess..not sure why the ref to D: is made in the message

Anyone shed light on this please

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OldGrumpyBastard

OldGrumpyBastard

• Members
  • 781 posts
  •  

Posted 01 January 2010 - 11:59 PM

Blue Screen Error Messages?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/74712/how-to-find-bsod-error-messages/

If you are recieving any BSOD messages, read this topic...Download the debugging tools...Once done post any of the logs here and someone may be able to direct you on how to fix it.
Does this look like an OldGrumpyBastard or what?

#3 Guest_Abacus 7_*

Guest_Abacus 7_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 02 January 2010 - 01:04 AM

:huh:

Have you ran it past HP?

Can I ask if WIN 7 64bit was the OS fitted when you bought it?

If it wasn't you maybe have Driver Problems.

HP/Compaq just wont allow a different OS than what is on it.

#4 artinusa

artinusa
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2010 - 08:54 AM

Thanks for the reply. The windows 7 64 bit system was pre-installed and was seemingly working OK. It seems it may be a log permission problem according to searches I have made..very scaty and little current data is available on the web and not at all at HP. They seem to have washed their hands of the situation. I will call again.

I have tried to restart the DTC with "old instructions" hoping it might work this is where the permission area comes into play I think. I am scared I might damage the sytem. This is the message I get

"Windows could not start the Distributed Transaction Coordinator on Local Computer. For more
vendor, and refer to service-specific error code -1073737712. "

Method 1: Re-create the MS DTC log
Re-create the MS DTC log, and then restart the service. To do this, follow these steps:
1. Click Start, click Run, type cmd, and then click OK.
2. At the command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:
msdtc -resetlog

The msdtc -resetlog
sure that you do not have any pending transactions when you run this command.
3. Type the following command, and then press ENTER:

net start msdtc

Warning: You may need to remove and re-install MSMQ to activate service

I will continue to try and repair this error..thanks for you concern/input
Art

#5 Guest_Abacus 7_*

Guest_Abacus 7_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 02 January 2010 - 09:28 AM

Mention the Messaage you get to HP?

You may need a Recovery Disk? It seems to be looking for some thing specific?

Sorry, Mate WIN 7 is not really my Field, I just commented because it was HP?

#6 artinusa

artinusa
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2010 - 05:34 PM

Don't be sorry any input is useful at all times...and you were being very constructive..thnaks

another message whcih shows prose ..this was the seconds before the system sort of crashed

The COM+ sub system is suppressing duplicate event log entries for a duration of 86400 seconds. The suppression timeout can be controlled by a REG_DWORD value named SuppressDuplicateDuration under the following registry key: HKLM\Software\Microsoft\COM3\Eventlog.

Does this mean for 10 days the log file will be locked...this could be the proble. Can anyone guide me thro how I can save this keyy file change the deatil to see if it works and if not replace with original key..

any comment please

I spent 3 hours with remote control tech and all he would do was comment that I had a lot of software that might have taken it away from 'factory condition' which is all they support...in other words if you put software on their/ your purchased machine and it goes wromg..you'er on your own. I ask you..

they could only say..recover the system..

Edited by artinusa, 02 January 2010 - 06:03 PM.

#7 artinusa

artinusa
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2010 - 05:57 PM

OldGrumpyBastard ..thnaks for you input...seems mine is related to a protected log file..?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users