Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PLEASE HELP

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 windowlicker

windowlicker

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:49 PM

Posted 19 August 2005 - 10:37 AM

hi there, im new, PLEASE PLEASE help

i have two PCs, non networked.
My 'spare' PC running WIN ME has got fatal error IE 0028 Smitfraud etc
i found some good advice online explaining how to remove, but i cannot get anything to run, let alone instal/run any new software (ie hijackthis) to start removing.

i managed to select safe mode when restarting, i dont have a start bar just the 'security warning' telling me about the virus in a blue box
if not booted in safe mode sometimes it open windows but i cannot use anything appart from ctrl alt delete

i am unable to get online to run any software, im struggling to get into windows!

help please?????

apologies if i posted in the wrong area
Cheers!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OldTimer

OldTimer

Malware Expert

• Members
  • 11,092 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:49 PM

Posted 22 August 2005 - 08:31 PM

Hello windowlicker and welcome to the BC HijackThis forum. We are going to need to get a HijackThis log fromt he machine to determine what is going on. HijackThis does not requier an installer so that should not be a problem. Download and extract it on another computer from the link below:HijackThis_sfx.exe
Then copy the HijackThis.exe file to a floppy disk and bring it to the affected machine. Copy it to the hard drive on the affected machine and run a scan. It should be run from a normal boot. If there is no taskbar then press the Ctrl-Alt-Del keys at the same time to start the Task Manager. Click the New Process button and browse to where you copied HijackThis.exe to. Start the program and run a scan.

Then you can copy the HijackThis.log file back to the floppy and bring it to the other machine where it can be posted back here. Be sure to include the complete log.

Cheers.

OT
I do not respond to PM's requesting help. That's what the forums are here for. Please use them so that others may benefit from your questions and the responses you receive.
OldTimer

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users