Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

getting back online

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 sharpie

sharpie

• Members
  • 702 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:43 PM

Posted 31 December 2009 - 05:53 PM

how do i get back online using an ethernet cable after reinstalling a new os ( win xp pro ). i cant just click i.e and expect it to work. ive had this problem, but i cant remember how i fixed it.

thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:43 PM

Posted 31 December 2009 - 06:04 PM

First, did you reinstall all necessary drivers? In particular any network related devices?

#3 sharpie

sharpie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 702 posts
  •  

Posted 31 December 2009 - 11:34 PM

yea i did, but just when things were looking good i restarted and i was having the same problems that i was having before. i even tried to repair it with the os disk. thanks for the help but maybe you can type my name in the search bar and help with some of those other problems, but thank you anyway.

#4 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  

Posted 01 January 2010 - 09:50 AM

First of all. It would be a whole lot easier to keep all problems regarding the same PC in a single post. That way those that may try to help in one post are not providing information that may be counter productive to help you are receiving for someone else in another post. Your problem(s) may or may not be related.

Regarding your Internet connection. Depending on the type of connection, it may be as simple as plugging in the cable if all the proper drivers are installed.

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,290 posts
  •  

Posted 01 January 2010 - 11:00 AM

Did you run the Internet/Network Connection Wizard...to set up the connection?

http://www.brighthub.com/computing/hardwar...cles/12909.aspx

The instructions are somewhat dated...but the Wizard is easy.

Ask if you have questions running this.

Louis

#6 sharpie

sharpie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 702 posts
  •  

Posted 01 January 2010 - 04:30 PM

that is a good idea about keeping all the topics in one post because the internet thing doesnt even matter now because i cant get xp to boot up. ive posted about the problems in my other threads, but recently i tried botting from the os disk and repairing, but nothing. i know its getiing confusing but just let me know what i can do to help get this sorted out because i would really like to get this laptop working again.

#7 sharpie

sharpie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 702 posts
  •  

Posted 01 January 2010 - 08:49 PM

hamlius- i tried the wizzard and it didnt work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users