Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ZA, AVG and other start up not showing on taskbar

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sella35

sella35

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:13 PM

Posted 31 December 2009 - 05:48 PM

When I restart my computer the only "extra icons" by my clock are my APC, Internet Icon and the volume icon. How can I get the Zone Alarm, AVG and other icons which startup when I restart my computer to show in the bottom right corner of my computer again?

Also, if I click on ZA it will add it to my taskbar area, but this doesn't work for AVG. I would like them to have icons anytime I restart my computer.

Thanks again for any help:)

I have windows vista, quad-core processer, 3 g ram....not sure if you need to know anything else.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 starcraftmaster

starcraftmaster

• Members
  • 1,109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:13 AM

Posted 31 December 2009 - 10:32 PM

Go to the program options and tell it to start up at start up or go to MSCONFIG and tell it to start up in the start up (get to it by start>RUN>type msconfig)

this is for windows xp but may work for you : http://www.tech-pro.net/howto_013.html

A other one : http://smokeys.wordpress.com/2008/07/05/wi...cons-quick-fix/

#3 sella35

sella35
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:13 PM

Posted 01 January 2010 - 01:58 AM

Thanks for the reply. Under msconfig, it shows that both ZA and AVG are auto-starting. The problem is that I do not see any icons on my task bar, for either program. I can open(or double click the desktop icon) ZA and it will put the icon on my taskbar, but even when I open (meaning I double click the desktop icon) AVG it doesn't ever add an icon to my taskbar near my clock. I only see one single icon on my quicktask bar on the left side of my computer near the "start" button.

I will try the instructions, but if they are for windows xp, will it be the same for the vista? Thanks for your reply. Excuse me, I misread your post and thought they were both for xp, but the one link is for vista. I will give it a whirl in the morning. THANK YOU!

Edited by sella35, 01 January 2010 - 02:00 AM.

#4 starcraftmaster

starcraftmaster

• Members
  • 1,109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:13 AM

Posted 03 January 2010 - 10:46 AM

I would try and see if the one for XP works if the Vista one wont work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users