Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Work Mac Won't Boot

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 SpiderGat

SpiderGat

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:00 PM

Posted 31 December 2009 - 04:04 PM

Hi there Mac users. I'm an ADR Director and I use a Mac with ProTools on it for work. I am a complete stranger to Macs and am only using it because the ProTools program would not export video via FireWire to the monitor we needed and we were forced to buy a mac to use the program appropriately. It's fairly new and has started to crash during boot. I'm not sure why. We keep all our sessions on external harddrives and have set everything up correctly. It just gets to the apple logo and the little spinning wheel and then freezes up. It doesn't do it all the time, just some of the time. And it's just a real pain when I have a client and the computer won't start up.

The computer is a fairly new Mac OS X Leapord V. 9.1 iMac I don't know what more to tell you. if you need more please tell me what to get as I only know how to use ProTools and I find navigating a mac very difficult. Thanks for any and all help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Buddyme2

Buddyme2

• Members
  • 706 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:00 AM

Posted 02 January 2010 - 09:43 PM

Try a Safe Boot and Repair Disk. You'll need the original Install Disk for repairing the disk.
http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1417
The Mac has warranty if it's less than a year old. Free phone support if less than 90 days old. After 90 days you may or may not be billed for the call.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users