Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

USB voltage problem

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jems_74

jems_74

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:53 AM

Posted 19 August 2005 - 07:01 AM

Hello, I have a problem with the voltage output by my USB port. I recently bought a smartjoy plus (PS2/USB adapter) to play DDR on my computer. The problem is that my dance pad (dance performance pad) doesn't work well with the adapter. I dragged this from the Lik-Sang website which sells the smartjoy plus:

"Thanks to email between me and lik sang tech support the problem has been found.

It seems that some of the cheaper soft pads need the voltage of a usb 1.1 port, pads like the dance performance pad and the unknown brand pad. Thats why they were working but not well enough to play. However, since the Smartjoy plus is a USB 2.0 device it doesn't switch down to 1.1 voltage, the computer determines voltage based on the type of device attached to it.

So, if you want to use cheap pads with the device you have to use a USB 1.1 port, that way it has no choice but to use 1.1 voltage.

If you have a nice pad that takes more voltage like a Red Ignition pad or something similar then it will run on the higher USB 2.0 voltage."

My computer has 2xUSB 2.0 ports. Can you change the driver to make it perform like a USB 1.1 port? If so, where can I find a driver. I was also curious if I could make 1 port act as USB 2.0 and another as USB 1.1.

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jems_74

jems_74
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:53 AM

Posted 19 August 2005 - 07:06 AM

P.S
forgot to mention that I have tried the adapter with regular PS2 controller and works fine, I'm running XP Pro, and trying to use the pad with StepMania
Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users