Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

windows 7 64 bit HP Presario

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 artinusa

artinusa

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:50 AM

Posted 31 December 2009 - 10:57 AM

THis windows 7 or HP error code 1073737712 is recorded many many times in my events log and I do not know how to put it right..I have googled and found nothing for win7 can anyone help or advise me...seems that maybe a log file can not be read for some reason ..unsure if its a windows 7 problem or a HP problem. Hp could not help me.
I do not have a restore point before this happened

Art

Edited by artinusa, 31 December 2009 - 10:58 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 etavares

etavares

Bleepin' Remover

• Malware Response Team
  • 15,514 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:50 PM

Posted 31 December 2009 - 11:55 AM

What file is associated with it when it has the error? There should be more info in the log. It's likely a service issue that's non-Microsoft based on a quick google. We'll need to narrow it down to the correct vendor.

If I don't respond within 2 days, please feel free to PM me.
Please don't ask for help via PM. The forums are there for a reason. Please post in the forums so others may benefit as well.

Posted Image
Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

#3 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• Members
  • 4,815 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:50 AM

Posted 31 December 2009 - 11:56 AM

Do you have any idea what application this error code is related to? It may be nothing. Is there anything you use that isn't working correctly?

Have you "Checked for solutions" lately? Windows should send the error logs automatically.
PICNIC - Problem In Chair, Not In Computer

Posted Image Posted Image

20 Things I Learned About Browsers and the Web

#4 artinusa

artinusa
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 31 December 2009 - 12:18 PM

Thanks for replying..

Its seem to have happend when HP was doing its HP Asssitant checking of my system during the night..but I have also found that I cant use my fax this may or may not be related I guess ... there may be other areas its affecting..unsure yet..

#5 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• Members
  • 4,815 posts
  •  

Posted 31 December 2009 - 12:27 PM

Yeah, the error reports can be mystifying sometimes.

Try to see if Windows will check for solutions to your problems (go to the Action Center and under the Maintenance part, click "Check for solutions"). Make sure you're connected to the internet when you do it.

It may reveal nothing, but it's worth a shot.

If nothing comes of it, then I wouldn't worry about it. Your fax problems may or may not be related to this problem. Do you use a fax machine or do you do it through the computer? If you use a fax machine, then I'll bet it is completely unrelated.

20 Things I Learned About Browsers and the Web

#6 artinusa

artinusa
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 31 December 2009 - 04:26 PM

I did the scans extensive at that.. one both HP amd Window ..nothing came up all was good..then scanned for tojans etc...no malware..no virus that I can find..so I am stuck but as you say maybe its just a thing that happens..smileWell

FAX
I did use for a few weeks windows fax and scanner was good then it stopped working 2 days ago withn no information to help me so it seems.. .. previously I used Snappyfax but this program althought working will not communicate with 'I think its called G3 system's..so its OK for old fax machines but not good for modern stuff. One can not tell which is which

I really appreciate your taking time out to at least be with me as it were..thanks

Edited by artinusa, 31 December 2009 - 05:32 PM.

#7 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• Members
  • 4,815 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2010 - 07:48 PM

No problem. :huh:

Good luck.