Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Address bar redirect to I am wired dot net

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ~CyberDog~

~CyberDog~

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:22 AM

Posted 31 December 2009 - 10:41 AM

I'm pretty sure I picked this up from a P2P program. The installation wasn't allowed to complete so there was no uninstall to use (might have removed it don't know) any way the result was the address bar hijack and redirection to iamwired.net I checked my search providers listed in firefox and it is not one of them, and google was still listed as my default. This redirect installed itself on both firefox and IE8 I have downloaded combofix but have done nothing with it. So farthis issue is only on my laptop but I am worried that if I move files over the network or with a removable drive it will infect the other pc's. Thanks for any help I can get, Owen

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ~CyberDog~

~CyberDog~
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2010 - 03:45 PM

Is there anything I need to add to the post inorder to get some assistance.
HP Dv9000
XP home SP3
avg antivirus, spywareblaster, Spybot S&D, advanced system care, MALWB, emco malware.
Running Firefox3.5.5 for browsing, IE8 for winblows updates, both redirect to iamwired.net
No problems getting to safe mode.....just need some idea of where to go nextto get rid of this parasite.

#3 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2010 - 03:54 PM

Are you able to update and run a scan with Malwarebytes?

#4 ~CyberDog~

~CyberDog~
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2010 - 05:25 PM

Are you able to update and run a scan with Malwarebytes?

Yes I was able to update and scan. Items were quarantined and latre removed without getting rid of the redirection in the address bar. searchs performed in the search window work as they should. I ran blacklight to check for root hooks and came back clean.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users