Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Koobface virus of Facebbok, Twitter

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 chriso89

chriso89

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:01 PM

Posted 31 December 2009 - 09:28 AM

An important company was attack with this Virus Koobface and has :thumbsup: to multiple users, i think that was due to a person was in facebook and the navigate theu the page and get the pop up to update the adobe flash so after click on it got infected and the virus violated the security and got into the outlook, spread and too many people not even put the elbows and fell on it, is a vulnerability of the network or security but the person who designed is very clever and no acts as a fool...any comment fellows :trumpet: :flowers: happy new year by the way and success !!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Edgewise

Edgewise

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:01 PM

Posted 31 December 2009 - 10:43 AM

Put the elbows and the what now?

#3 Kyle-ee-Y-Otie

Kyle-ee-Y-Otie

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:01 PM

Posted 31 December 2009 - 03:31 PM

yes.. very hard to read.

I have seen someone receive malware from facebook. I have also seen malware that sends e-mails out as spam.

(this actually put our company of 2000 employees on a spam hosting "blacklist") :thumbsup:

#4 chriso89

chriso89
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:01 PM

Posted 04 January 2010 - 11:20 AM

Sorry fellows is an tico expression, they sent the email among them...has been blocked and the Security team are working on it :thumbsup:, any other latest virus news or something?

#5 kbrownfocus

kbrownfocus

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:01 PM

Posted 27 January 2010 - 06:02 AM

i was hit with the W32.Koobface.A virus just a few hours ago, it comes as an email in your facebook and it gives you a link that looks like a youtube quick link dont click on it at all it will send the virus the file name is fio32.dll but i agree the ignorat fool who created it is brilant, but not that smart, facebook reps are in proccess of hunting down the user id and what not cause all viruses big or small are always back tracable....trust me i found that out the hard way hahahaha hope this helps, oh you will need to do a full scan and beef up some of you restrictions with your virus protection software to catch it as well

#6 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,771 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:01 PM

Posted 04 February 2010 - 08:07 AM

As with gaming sites, users visiting MySpace, YouTube, Facebook...are exposed to innocuous-looking banner ads containing code which can trigger pop-up ads and malicious Flash ads that install viruses, Trojans and spyware. Ads are a target for hackers because they offer a stealthy way to distribute malware to a wide range of Internet users. See How Malware Spreads - How did I get infected.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users