Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Must max. & min. task mgr inorder to click on anything

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 MacknKeagsMom

MacknKeagsMom

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:27 AM

Posted 30 December 2009 - 11:52 PM

I posed a weird problem on another site and this was the response...
---------------------------------------------

Not sure if I fully understand your problem but try the following and we will take it from there

Right click on IE icon > Properties
In the "Run" box change the option to "Maximized"
Now right click any link on the page, choose Open In New Window" > do not maximize it > use the mouse to resize it to what you want it to be.
Now close both windows.
Reopen IE from the shortcut icon again.
It should open maximized.

If this doesn't solve your problem let me know which operating system you are using and which specific files etc are being affected.
--------------------------------------------
This did nothing. So I re-explained my situation...

I am using XP. Let me try to explain this so you can better understand. Let's say I am on a store web site. I want to click on a product to see more info. Nothing happens. I Ctl Alt Dlt to bring up the task mgr and then minimize it. Now I can click on the product. Now I click on the back arrow to go back to the previous page and again nothing happens. I already have the task mgr min. so I max. it, min. it and now can click on back arrow. It doesn't have to be the task mgr...anything I have min. can be max. then min. Sometimes I have to do Ctl Alt Dlt because the min. pages won't max. Sometimes I have to max. & min. several times before clicking on links work. Sometimes I don't have to do it at all. This can happen when I am reading email, on FB, surfing web...I hope this makes more sense. I am getting very frustrated as it can take 2-3 x's as long to do anything!!

------------------------------------------------

Next solution they gave me to try was this...

I understand now....
What a strange problem you have come up with

I doubt that this is malware related but run MBAM from here just in case.
http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php

Try the following if MBAM comes up with nothing:
Click Start ....in the run box type in .....sfc /scannow ....( there is a space after sfc )
This will check the System Files.
You may need the XP installation disk.
This link may help:
http://www.updatexp.com/scannow-sfc.html
------------------------------------------------------------

I did both of these ideas and nothing changed. If you can find a solution, I will be eternally grateful! :thumbsup:

Happy New Year!
MacknKeagsMom

Edited by MacknKeagsMom, 30 December 2009 - 11:53 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gully786

gully786

• Members
  • 186 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:27 AM

Posted 02 January 2010 - 02:14 PM

So in order to do anythin you have to maximize and minimize a window, that is weird

I'm guessing nothing was found by mbam.

Generally when did this problem occur, it could be due to a software you installed

have you tried a system restore to a time this was not a problem?

if you have and its definately not a malware/virus
= download avira antivir personal (make sure you turn off the guard if you have any other realtime protection) update it and
run a full scan to make sure its not

all i can suggest is a complete re-install.

HOPE THIS HELPS :thumbsup:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOTE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I AM NOT AN ADVISER ON THIS SITE MERELY
A USER WHO LIKES TO HELP WITH PROBLEMS

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,127 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2010 - 02:23 PM

You could try running the sfc /scannow command.

How To Use Sfc.exe To Repair System Files - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/43051/how-to-use-sfcexe-to-repair-system-files/

Louis

#4 gully786

gully786

• Members
  • 186 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2010 - 03:47 PM

You could try running the sfc /scannow command.

How To Use Sfc.exe To Repair System Files - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/43051/how-to-use-sfcexe-to-repair-system-files/

Louis

I think his done that already after looking at the forum link his given

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users