Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

my new toshiba project

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 sharpie

sharpie

• Members
  • 702 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:59 PM

Posted 30 December 2009 - 11:08 PM

i tried to reinstall the windows xp operationg system (windows xp) and i booted from the disk drive. everything was going just fine until a message pops up that reads-

"laptop problem-a problem has been detected and windows has been shut down. a bios in the system is not fully ACPI compliant. you can turn off ACPI mode during test mode setup. to do this, simply press the F7 key when you are prompted to install storage drivers the system will not notify you that the F7 key was pressed it will silentlly disable ACPI and allow you to continue."

my question is how would i do any of this and how do i get the win xp pro os on the laptop.

i talked to someone and they said the problems i was having with the laptop were all related to the os and nothing was hardware related. so i figure if i can just get this os back on, my problems should go away.

any help will be appreciated and thank you so very much for your time and happy new year.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sharpie

sharpie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 702 posts
  •  

Posted 31 December 2009 - 03:25 PM

someone please help it is very important that i get this problem resolved. any help will be appreciated.

thank you again.

#3 sharpie

sharpie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 702 posts
  •  

Posted 31 December 2009 - 05:48 PM

ok fixed the problem

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users