Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

DNS error on some webpages (firefox)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 blazefielding

blazefielding

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:08 PM

Posted 30 December 2009 - 08:59 PM

Hiya, ive had a problem with my internet for a few months now and figured i should really try to fix it...

Basically when loading certain websites, usually when logging into a website, i get a DNS error and usually the only way i can access the site is to go somewhere else before trying again, or keep trying to load the page. Some sites are perfectly fine, an example of a couple ive had problems with are myspace, hotmail, google search and ebay. This isnt every time i use the site either, on occasion they do load fine.

This problem began just after i updated firefox to the current version, but i have no idea if thats anything to do with it.

Also when loading videos, sometimes the internet seems to get disconnected and wont load any webpages at all. It almost seems like its soo much effort to load the video so just decides to disconnect. When loading a page after trying to view a video it says "connecting" but i just get a server not found page.

Ive tried clearing my history and cookies, but that hasnt worked, and i flushed the dns and that hasnt worked either.

A virus scan by AVG found nothing also, though i have previously had to have zlob removed by a computer company, so whether thats linked im not sure, but it was fine after the virus was removed and these problems appeared months later.

I also noticed that when i right click my wireless icon and select 'repair', which usually helps the connections, the box that pops up gets 'stuck'. I usually says disabling wireless, enabling, connecting, checking, done (etc) and you can click close, but none of these actions are taken and when you click 'cancel' nothing happens, and the only way to close the screen is to restart the laptop.

I really dont know if any of these are linked or whats going on, but any help is appreciated.
Thanks
gina

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 doinmeedin

doinmeedin

• Members
  • 455 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:08 PM

Posted 31 December 2009 - 11:31 AM

Go into start menu click FF and run it in it's safe mode form, if it dosen't do it then, you will have to start by reopening FF in it's normal state disable all your addons then re-enable them one by one and work out which one is the culprit ! :thumbsup:

Edited by doinmeedin, 31 December 2009 - 11:31 AM.

If life is not an option then why are we not given the option in the first place !

#3 blazefielding

blazefielding
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:08 PM

Posted 31 December 2009 - 08:53 PM

Im completed these steps and so far all has worked, when i first tryed a website i did get a server not found but it tried again and worked. :thumbsup:

If the problems returns ill post again, but so far so good. thanks :flowers:

#4 doinmeedin

doinmeedin

• Members
  • 455 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:08 PM

Posted 01 January 2010 - 06:00 PM

Good hope it keeps working OK for you !

If life is not an option then why are we not given the option in the first place !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users