Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

[HttpException (0x80004005): Unable to validate data.]

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 adaniel

adaniel

• Members
  • 204 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:17 AM

Posted 30 December 2009 - 04:53 PM

I am trying to troubleshoot a client's access to a web site. She is able to access the site from other PC's in her office, but from the one at her desk, she always gets the following error page. Her PC is Windows 2000, running IE 6. It is also running McAfee Security Center. I tried disabling the firewall but that did not help.

I have researched this problem online, but all the solutions I have found are directed to the webmaster. I realize the website has a problem, but they say "Since you can access the site from some PC's the problem is not on our end." I am hoping someone can tell me of a change that can be made on the client PC that will allow access to the site. Or that someone can tell me what, specifically, to tell the webmaster to get the problem resolved. I tried accessing the site from my PC and it works fine. I remote in to the client's PC and it fails every time with the following page.

Thanks in advance,
adaniel

==========================================================================

Server Error in '/' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unable to validate data.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: Unable to validate data.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.
Stack Trace:

[HttpException (0x80004005): Unable to validate data.]
System.Web.Configuration.MachineKey.GetDecodedData(Byte[] buf, Byte[] modifier, Int32 start, Int32 length, Int32& dataLength) +195
System.Web.UI.LosFormatter.Deserialize(String input) +60

[HttpException (0x80004005): Authentication of viewstate failed. 1) If this is a cluster, edit <machineKey> configuration so all servers use the same validationKey and validation algorithm. AutoGenerate cannot be used in a cluster. 2) Viewstate can only be posted back to the same page. 3) The viewstate for this page might be corrupted.]
System.Web.UI.LosFormatter.Deserialize(String input) +118
System.Web.UI.Page.LoadPageStateFromPersistenceMedium() +101

[HttpException (0x80004005): Invalid_Viewstate
Client IP: 65.40.167.198
Port: 56872
User-Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)
ViewState: dDwtMTIwMjQzMzE3OTs7Po/+jye3d3lRj6DHHYzCrzvrHOeh
Http-Referer: http://www.mailpros.com/WebPages/LoginJobTracking.aspx
Path: /WebPages/LoginJobTracking.aspx.]
System.Web.UI.Page.LoadPageStateFromPersistenceMedium() +447
System.Web.UI.Page.LoadPageViewState() +18
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +447

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2443; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.2443

==============================================================================

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users