Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can I transfer here? To remove trojans & hijackers?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 damedic

damedic

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:20 AM

Posted 30 December 2009 - 11:57 AM

Hi, I just joined this forum to get more acquainted with computers. I looked around a lot yesterday and read many threads and articles/posts. Very informative! Thanks for such a fantastic site.

now, over at a different help site, I originally posted a problem with my wife's computer on 12/15/09. It is now the 30th, and I still am dealing with an infested laptop with what I think is many items of Malware, possible trojans, many some worms & definitely at least a hijacker or two. My wife is absolutely besides herself, because she is on her laptop all the time and uses specific software that is not on any of our other machines. She embroiders as a hobby & has not been able to use her embroidery machines because of no computer for almost 3 weeks now. And if anybody knows about an unhappy spouse?....

I've been over at a different assistance site, but the advisor that accepted my case answers me about every 3-4 days. I made a presumption that once my case has been accepted, the replies might be a little quicker after the initial connection.

I have been perusing that site and other advisors answer their threads sometimes daily if not immediately after the infested computers user replied and sometimes thru-out that day! One or two of the advisors are assisting more than one in the same day!

My only question is, is this normal? Is this type of timeframe about right? I don't want to complain because I am recieving assistance, or will be recieving - because of some dedicated individual who wants computers to run safely & properly, and is getting gratification that some person is now happy with a healthy computer. I thank these guys & gals, & admire their dedication. But....

Might I get quicker assistance here? If so, I would like to post my problems here & then request that my thread be closed there.

Thanks. :thumbsup:

damedic
IBM Desktop, w/Intel Pentium 4 HyperThreading - 3000 MhZ, XP Pro SP3, 512 DDR, 80GB Hard Drive

By Author Unknown

"Life was so much easier when your clothes didn't match and girls had cooties!"

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:20 PM

Posted 30 December 2009 - 08:56 PM

All of the malware sites are really busy with the recent rash of outbreaks going around
You need to remember that most sites that do this relies on volunteers
They have real lives, jobs and commitments
Certainly the holiday season doesn't help

the advisor that accepted my case answers me about every 3-4 days

I do not know how the other site operates. It might be possible the your helper is a trainee or recently graduated and is asking for assistance from more senior members

If you were to post here, it would be up to 15+ days for a response
Timely answers would be slightly better
All in all, I believe you should remain where you're at and be patient
Good luck
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 damedic

damedic
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:20 AM

Posted 04 January 2010 - 02:03 PM

Yeah, you are correct.

And, I was probably just a little antsy & anxious because my wife really wanted her 'puter back.

And I fully understand, NOW, these folks are providing time out of their life. And yes, I am pretty sure they have a life outside of this forum!

But for whatever reason they take the time to selflessly, contribute to forums like this, to help the users of infected computers,
THANK YOU! :flowers:

During my rants & ravings, I missed the point of the above stated comment. And it was the holidays, Sheesh, I should have gotten that.

Oh well, now I know the time frames for responses, and I can work within that.
I just needed to know that & come to terms with that and now all is good & I'm cool with that.

Again my thanks to all of the Malware Fighters - Double kudos :thumbsup:
IBM Desktop, w/Intel Pentium 4 HyperThreading - 3000 MhZ, XP Pro SP3, 512 DDR, 80GB Hard Drive

By Author Unknown

"Life was so much easier when your clothes didn't match and girls had cooties!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users