Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

firefox browser window is not displayed

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 laveryuk

laveryuk

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:52 AM

Posted 30 December 2009 - 11:14 AM

Hi,
The Firefox browser window is not displayed the first time after the computer has been started up and running Windows XP Professional Version 2002 SP3. In Task Manager the firefox.exe is running. When the firefox.exe process is ended and restarted, it will take a very long time to display the browser window. When I looked at the task manager again I noticed that wmiprvse was running at about 25%. When I end both the wmiprvse and firefox processes, the wmiprvse process restarts with 0 to 1% and the firefox browser is displayed in a reasonable time.

During browsing, a tab is randomly opened and a random webpage is displayed. These webpages can be removed.

Over the past couple of weeks I have run full scans of my boot drive with the latest versions of the following applications:
A-Squared Free
Avira AntiVir
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
Ad-Aware
SuperAntiSpy

Each time, hi-risk trojans have been found and deleted/quarantined. A few occasions I have run regedit to remove bad entries in the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE|Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Userinit or Shell registries. e.g. rundll32.exe, twex.exe, sdra64.exe and cdav.ixo ukqudnn. I used the 60 second timer method for removing the bad entry.
Today it is "msjiyf32.exe" in the Userinit registry.

What shall I do next?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OldGrumpyBastard

OldGrumpyBastard

• Members
  • 781 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:52 AM

Posted 30 December 2009 - 11:58 AM

FWIW,

While all of the tools that you are running scans are really great at finding and deleting most all infections, they may not be able to correct a more serious infection. I would suggest that you may need to take a more aggressive approach:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/

This forum may be much better at finding what may or may not be causing your issue. Follow the instructions explicitly. Please do not post any logs here as it will just lead to your topic being moved or closed (which will slow down the process...It's slow enough as it is).
Does this look like an OldGrumpyBastard or what?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users