Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HELP with Possible PowerShell Script/Function

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Dennis the Menace

Dennis the Menace

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:28 AM

Posted 30 December 2009 - 11:03 AM

I found this function while reading about Windows-XP and Windows-7 PowerShell. I am not sure that this is a powershell script but whatever it is, I would really like to know how to make it run. I found a few others of use but need to know how to make use of them.

Does it have to have some unique extention, like .psi? Does it have to be converted in some way?

Where would one type in the name to the function or whatever this is, to make it run?

Thanks to any and all who can provide some insight. Happy New Year 2010!!

Following is the script/function:

function Enable-AutoRun
{
Remove-Item "REGISTRY::HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\IniFileMapping\AutoRun.inf" -Force
}

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Dennis the Menace

Dennis the Menace
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:28 AM

Posted 06 January 2010 - 11:28 PM

ADMIN PLEASE CLOSE THIS -- NO RESPONSE -- PERHAPS POSTED IN WRONG PLACE ... TNX ANYWAY

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users