Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Adobe problems

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 candyneedsu

candyneedsu

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:47 AM

Posted 30 December 2009 - 10:49 AM

hi -

Operating System: WinXP Home
latest Adobe version: 10.0.42.34
Dell 1525 Inspiron (laptop)

this morning i went to a news web site. on the top left-hand corner there was an Abode logo. i was unable to watch the video, so i figured Adobe had an update (version above). i'm not sure when this update became available, but i know this: i have never had any problem watching videos on this site or any other, until now; after this update.

i can't watch it using IE7 or Firefox (which is the browser i use 99.9% of the time). i have installed the plug-in's for Firefox. on the Adobe web site, they confirm that my installations have been performed and are in fact installed.

i've read all kinds of articles about enable Java script and all kinds of other possible conflicts. i have never had to perform and of these tasks on any other version of Flash Player. i don't understand why i would have to do them now.

after experiencing this problem and uninstalling previous versions of Adobe and then reinstalling the latest version, i then went to my Mac. i went to the same web site where the same update was offered. i updated and have no problems whatsoever watching the videos on my Mac.

i'm so frustrated and tired of dealing with these types of issue's. i've attempted to contact Adobe, but it seems that free technical support is only offered to those that have purchased a product from them.

please let me know if this is the proper forum for this problem. i believe it is.

thanks.

:thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2009 - 12:03 PM

There has been a Flash virus going around aimed at Firefox users. Adobe doesn't notify users of updates.

#3 candyneedsu

candyneedsu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2009 - 12:39 PM

maybe i should clarify (i'm not ruling out a virus of some sort)...on the window that the video is watched, there is the Adobe logo (in the top left-hand corner of the window, Adobe didn't actually contact me informing me of an update) saying "get flash player or something of that nature". i already had it and it worked flawlessly. except for this time. i was unable to watch the video this time, so i clicked on Flash Player, updated and i am still unable to watch anything on this particular web site.

in my original post i said that i checked on my Mac using Safari browser and there was indeed an update available. i updated and it worked fine on the Mac.

if i do have a virus, i am unable to find it. i've done scans with my antivirus, spyware app's and multiple free online virus scans.

don't know if this cleared anything up or made this issue more confusing. telling me that

#4 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2009 - 07:39 PM

You may have to tinker around with your browser settings or possibly settings in Flash. If you right click on the player on the website, you can adjust Flash settings. Can you view Youtube and other video sites? If so, the problem may be with the Flash settings on that site only. If not, you'll have to start messing around with your browser settings. I've never seen the Adobe logo on any video site.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users