Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Device Installer Error

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Crizz44

Crizz44

• Members
  • 496 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:04 PM

Posted 18 August 2005 - 09:40 PM

I have windows 98 SE on a HP Pavilion 6642F, there were a lot of spyware and viruses on the machine when I got it. I scanned with AVG, Adaware, spy sweeper, and Spybot. I then went to install a network card to try to connect it to the internet to start updates and it will not except the network card. I have tried 3 different adapters, and get the same error with all three. "Device Installer Error,
Setup cannot load the installer (netdi.dll) for the Net hardware being installed. Contact you hardware vendor for assistance.
I appreciate any help I can get !! Thank you !!!!! :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Bear

Bear

• Members
  • 342 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:04 PM

Posted 18 August 2005 - 10:10 PM

You can find that DLL file Here
Posted Image

My System Specs

Comptia A+, Network + & MCP certified.

#3 Crizz44

Crizz44
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 496 posts
  •  

Posted 18 August 2005 - 10:20 PM

Thank you, I downloaded the dll file and I will try to install it tomorrow. I will let you know how it goes. Do you know what could have caused the error? I have found information on a worm Oror that could have corrupted the file, but there were hundreds of spyware and 70 viruses found, without updates.
Thanks for your help !!! I truely appreciate it !!

#4 Crizz44

Crizz44
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 496 posts
  •  

Posted 19 August 2005 - 08:15 AM

I'm getting a download error from that site. Internet explorer was not able to open this Internet site. The requested site is either unavailable or cannot be found.
I will try another dll download site. Thank you !

#5 Bear

Bear

• Members
  • 342 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:04 PM

Posted 19 August 2005 - 09:04 PM

It's working fine for me.

Posted Image
Posted Image

My System Specs

Comptia A+, Network + & MCP certified.

#6 Crizz44

Crizz44
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 496 posts
  •  

Posted 20 August 2005 - 09:15 PM

There must be a securtiy setting that is stopping me. I will have to test different possibilities. That is the site where I tried to download it from, but it gave me that error message. I reinstalled Win98 over the existing windows, and found the netdi.dll file, but I still get the error. I found another forum where someone is having the same problem with the same model computer. There was a suggestion that this model could not handle the PnP adapter cards. I can't seem to find any thing in the Bios settings to help the problem. Thank you for your time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users