Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

restricted functionality of XP

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Steve Robinson

Steve Robinson

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:42 AM

Posted 30 December 2009 - 03:15 AM

I have a strange problem. After working with the computer (Xp pro) I realised some functiones are disabled. For example rigt click menu items are dicreased, in IE explorer right click does not open for copy and need to use top edit pull down menu for using copy, and so on... .When This happens I have to close few programs to get this menus to work. Sometimes Adone acrobat does not open untill I close a few open windows or programs. Keep closing windows this way after some time gets worth and have to restart computer to access full functionality of XP. Any advice what might be the problem? :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 doinmeedin

doinmeedin

• Members
  • 455 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:42 PM

Posted 30 December 2009 - 06:06 AM

Have you ran any scans to see if you have any infections, if not please click on this link http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php and download the free version to somewhere you remember, after downloading, right click the .exe and rename it to something like rabbit.exe or a name you will remember, then run it so it installs and let it update automatically then run it, if it finds any infections delete as appropriate then reboot to enable full clearance of infections !

Good Luck ! :thumbsup:

If life is not an option then why are we not given the option in the first place !

#3 Steve Robinson

Steve Robinson
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2009 - 08:20 AM

I did as you mentioned and found no infection! Any other advice?

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,130 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2009 - 11:17 AM

Could be damaged system files...you might try running the sfc /scannow command.

How To Use Sfc.exe To Repair System Files - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/43051/how-to-use-sfcexe-to-repair-system-files/

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users