Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Slowing and Crackling audio in W7

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 snowdude

snowdude

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:48 PM

Posted 29 December 2009 - 11:53 PM

My brand new acer 5532 laptop's audio slows an crackles when loading pages, even under light CPU usage. Ive updated all drivers and still no fix. its very annoying, especially since I'm huge internet radio buff, and have a klipsch system that makes almost every imperfection noticeable. The sound is prevalent on the crappy laptop speakers as well. Im using a Belkin N150 router and the connection is always strong, this happens when its plug into my 100 mbs fiber-optic broadband too. please help!

The sound card is "Realtek Hd Audio"

AMD Athlon™ single-core processor TF-20* with 64-bit platform
667MHz system bus with Cool'n'Quiet and HyperTransport™ technologies and Enhanced Virus Protection** for Windows.
AMD64 technology
Provides simultaneous support for 32-bit and 64-bit computing, including today's 32-bit applications and tomorrow's 64-bit software.

3GB DDR2 memory
For multitasking power, expandable to 4GB.
Multiformat DVDRW/CD-RW drive with double-layer support

ATI Radeon HD 3200 graphics
Features up to 1919MB of HyperMemory for lush images.
Multi-in-1 media reader
Supports Secure Digital, MultiMediaCard, Memory Stick, Memory Stick PRO and xD-Picture Card formats.
2 high-speed USB 2.0 ports
For fast digital video, audio and data transfer.

Built-in InviLink high-speed wireless LAN (802.11b/g/Draft-N)
Connect to the Internet without wires.
Built-in 10/100 fast Ethernet LAN
With RJ-45 connector for quick and easy wired Web connection.

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition 64-bit operating system preinstalled
Provides a stable operating platform.

Edited by snowdude, 29 December 2009 - 11:54 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SanDiegoPaul

SanDiegoPaul

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:48 PM

Posted 30 December 2009 - 01:12 AM

I wonder if your problem is the onboard sound device, or software? Perhaps you could uninstall the sound and then reinstall. But first I would be raising heck with ACer support. A whole lot of their products are 'refurb' so there's no way to verify good/new/used when the purchase is made.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users