Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

2 BSOD

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Crazy_mofo213

Crazy_mofo213

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:24 PM

Posted 29 December 2009 - 10:32 PM

When I try to boot up my computer normally I recieve the 0x00000024 BSOD. I also recieve a BSOD when I try to boot into safe mode, however the error message is 0x0000007B. Any help on how and why this is happening will be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: I also don't have an XP CD, but I do have NTFS4DOS and UBCD just in case these can help my situation in any way.

Edited by Crazy_mofo213, 29 December 2009 - 10:35 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,299 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2009 - 10:38 AM

Info on STOP 24 errors at http://www.aumha.org/a/stop.htm, click on 24 in left column.

Ditto for 7B error.

Louis

#3 Crazy_mofo213

Crazy_mofo213
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2009 - 10:33 PM

Thanks for the reply, but how would I go about fixing this error?

#4 OldGrumpyBastard

OldGrumpyBastard

• Members
  • 781 posts
  •  

Posted 31 December 2009 - 07:56 AM

Start here:

"0x00000024: NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM
(Click to consult the online MSDN article.)
A problem occurred within NTFS.SYS, the driver file that allows the system to read and write to NTFS file system drives. There may be a physical problem with the disk, or an Interrupt Request Packet (IRP) may be corrupted. Other common causes include heavy hard drive fragmentation, heavy file I/O, problems with some types of drive-mirroring software, or some antivirus software. I suggest running ChkDsk or ScanDisk as a first step; then disable all file system filters such as virus scanners, firewall software, or backup utilities. Check the file properties of NTFS.SYS to ensure it matches the current OS or SP version. Update all disk, tape backup, CD-ROM, or removable device drivers to the most current versions.
General Discussion {KB 228888} Win 2000, Win XP "
Does this look like an OldGrumpyBastard or what?

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,299 posts
  •  

Posted 31 December 2009 - 01:04 PM

Just a note...even though it appears that it may be a file which needs replacement...that's not so. A hard drive problem can also result in this error.

If you want to troubleshoot the error, try using the the guidance provided at the Aumha website I previously linked to.

You cannot boot into XP and you don't have an XP CD...doesn't seem to be a lot that you can do other than to follow the guidance provided by Aumha.

I suggest removing the hard drive...attaching it temporarily to a second system as a supplemental/secondary drive...and trying to run chkdsk /r on it, using instructions at CHKDSK Utility - http://www.hard-drive-help.com/chkdsk.html, directions under Starting Check Disk.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users