Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Boot Manager missing

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ellisd

ellisd

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:35 AM

Posted 29 December 2009 - 09:08 PM

I have an HP laptop. I installed the recovery disk and performed all the necessary steps to reformat. Once completed the DVD ejects and begins to load programs. After completing that process the computer attempts to restart but gives me a boot manager missing error page. I tried the whole process again with the same results. I was told by multiple people that I had a bad hard drive so I replaced it. It appeared as if it was going to work due to the fact that it did things different than the previous hard drive. I ended with the same error message. What is going on?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 doinmeedin

doinmeedin

• Members
  • 455 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:35 PM

Posted 30 December 2009 - 06:34 AM

Have you tried this fix :

Method 1: Startup Repair from the Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE)

============================================

1. Insert the Windows Vista installation disc into the disc drive, and then start the computer.

2. Press a key when the message indicating "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD ". appears.

3. Select a language, a time and currency, and a keyboard or input method, and then click Next.

4. Click Repair your computer.

5. In the System Recovery Options dialog box, choose the drive of your Windows installation and click Next.

6. At the System Recovery Options Dialog Box, click on Repair your computer.

7. Click the operating system that you want to repair, and then click Next.

8. In the System Recovery Options dialog box, click Startup Repair.

Method 2: Rebuild BCD

============================================

1. Put the Windows Vista installation disc in the disc drive, and then start the computer.

2. Press a key when the message indicating "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD ". appears.

3. Select a language, a time, a currency, and a keyboard or another input method, and then click Next.

5. Click the operating system that you want to repair, and then click Next.

6. In the System Recovery Options dialog box, click Command Prompt.

7. Type Bootrec /RebuildBcd , and then press ENTER.

Method 3: Use the Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) to run System Restore ============================================

1. Insert the Windows Vista installation disc into the disc drive, and then start the computer.

3. Select a language, a time and currency, and a keyboard or input method, and then click Next.

5. In the System Recovery Options dialog box, choose the drive of your Windows installation and click Next

6. At the System Recovery Options Dialog Box, click on System Restore.

7. Follow the System Restore Wizard instruction as usual and choose the appropriate restore point.

8. Click Finish to restore the system.

Hope this helps. :huh:

If life is not an option then why are we not given the option in the first place !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users