Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer restarts after reaching Windows XP loading screen..

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 334458091d

334458091d

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:49 AM

Posted 29 December 2009 - 08:38 PM

Hi, so I woke up this morning and turned on my pc and it turned on then went to a screen that said, turn on pc in: safe mode, safe mode with networking, start windows normally, etc.

So I clicked on all of them and the result was the same, It took me to the windows XP loading screen were the blue bar at the bottom would begin to load and then it would just restart, it has been doing this all day.

I have been googling this issue all day but I do not know what to do.

Originally I presumed my power supply might be at fault since it seemed to be making lots of noises the past 4 months.
I have read that faulty RAM could also be the issue, I am currently running memtest86.
I have heard of people reformatting and the problem persisted.

I just need some advice.

btw, this is posted from my other pc

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,569 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:49 AM

Posted 30 December 2009 - 02:40 PM

Hi :thumbsup:.

Well...I received a (fairly new) system this morning (my brother's) that displayed the same/similar symptoms.

I initially ran chkdsk /r on the hard drive...then I attempted two repair installs (neither completed successfully). I am currently in the process of doing a clean install and hoping that it's not a hard drive problem.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users