Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

search results redirect (google and bing)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 dotcomer

dotcomer

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:03 AM

Posted 29 December 2009 - 06:55 PM

Hi,

I got a "Internet Security 2010" on Dec 28, 2009. Use AVG, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Ad-Aware (all with the latest update) to clear up the mess. Now, both browser (IE 7 and firefox 3.5) both redirect search results to some bogus web site.

I have run several times using the software mentioned but was not able to find anything.

I've used HijackThis v2.0.2 to produce the following log.

My system Win XP sp3

I've attached the HijackThis log file. Please help!!!!

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dotcomer

dotcomer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:03 AM

Posted 30 December 2009 - 05:38 PM

Hi,

Thank you all for posting your suggestions, especially for people working on this site to help others. I saw a post here that ran ComboFix to take care of the browser redirect problem. So, I download it and following the simple instructions. Low and behold, ComboFix was able to detect there was a rootkit running on my computer. After several scan and reboot, my computer is back and no more browser redirect.

I thank you again from the bottom of my heart!!!!

If BleepingComputer.com needs any help, please contact me and I will be more than happy to give my time back to serve the community.

Stephen

#3 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:03 AM

Posted 30 December 2009 - 08:21 PM

Good luck and have a good day
Topic is closed
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users