Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trojans, Internet Security 2010

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Lindsay_in_Michigan

Lindsay_in_Michigan

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:32 PM

Posted 29 December 2009 - 05:26 PM

I have the exact same problem as someone else here, and he was able to get his computer cleaned, so I'll post his description, which is exactly what I am experiencing.

I ignored Java updates and ended up with InternetSecurity2010 rogue program. It initially presented with a multiple array of popups warning of infections. I was using AVG at the time of the infection and up to date. I've since downloaded and scanned with RKill.com, MalwareBytes Anti Malware, Spyware Dr.

The scans find issues, quarantine, and remove them but problems are still there after reboots. The issues have been the popups of scareware, hijacked Task Manager, hijacked Administrator account, inability to run System Restore, redirects of browser links, inability to boot in Safe Mode, ad nauseum.

Some of the consistent elements are the InternetSecurity2010, redirects to Local-News-Online.com, thewebsitesurvey.com, findstuff.com, directdr.com, theclickcheck.com, 206.161.121.90, thewebantivirus.com, mdlinx,com. clickseekonline.com, etc etc etc.

Thanks for any help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users