Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"Class not registered" notice

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 nosmiley

nosmiley

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:47 AM

Posted 29 December 2009 - 03:41 PM

The past week or so, I found I got the notice "class not registered" with a big red X, when trying to open Device Mgr,Task Scheduling, Task bar and Start. The Mouse program will no longer open, and arrow-pointer develops a nasty looking maroon blob of a shadow. When I could open the mouse program, I was removing the shadow, click apply, and OK. It would stay gone awhile, but ultimately appear. Mouse is Logitech cordless, but the logitech program appears not to be the cause. Have had cordless 6 months w/ no problems.
These problems started happening after the Vista updates of Dec 9. At the same time I was testing Avant, and Maxthon browsers. Both have been uninstalled, and I went back to Win IE 7, as before.
I have run avira, superantispyware, malware bytes, Dr Web cureit, spybot. 2 trojan downloaders quarantined. Have run chkdsk/r a few times.Have run sfc scannow.Repaired some files, some couldn't repair. Never able to see log, for details.
Now bel arc advisor won't open
Any help would be appreciated.

Windows Vista home premium, preinstalled on Gateway Gt5438
About two years old
All updates sucessful
Not used for Computer games, mainly surfing, and e-bay.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,490 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2009 - 12:27 PM

Hello take a look at this MSFT article.
I see where this Hotfix worked many times.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/935855
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 nosmiley

nosmiley
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2010 - 05:53 PM

Thanks for the suggestion boopme. I tried that and the update disappeared in the computer. It's not listed as Installed or failed. The notice at the top of the description, said it was not for my computer, but the list at the bottom, includes Vista home premium. Below that, is another notice stating that microsoft is "aware of problems with the list" Gee, why don't they explain what the problem is, or correct it?

I did find out what was causing the majority of my problems. It was me. The Online Armor firewall kept showing a "rundll32.exe" entry and suggesting it could be bad. I looked it up in the Bleeping startup list and all instances have an X , a U, or a ? mark, so I blocked it. But it is the various system components in my computer. Blocking it was slowly cutting me off entirely from windows. I couldn't find how to unblock it from the firewall, so I removed the firewall, and reinstalled. The whole system seems to work nearly as it should.
Thanks for your interest in helping me.

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,490 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2010 - 12:00 AM

Thanks for that update,may prove helpful to another user :huh: .
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users