Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

System Keeps Rebooting After Ridding Internet Security 2010 Virus!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bella08

bella08

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:57 PM

Posted 29 December 2009 - 02:31 PM

Two days ago my system was infected with the rogue virus Internet Security 2010. I followed the instructions I found on this site to download Malwarebytes` Anti-Malware and ran it thru my system. I also ran Avira Antivir Personal (Free Version), and downloaded & ran IOBit Security 360. Each program found multiple infected files. I cleared them all up and thought that my problem was solved.

Then last night I downloaded Google's Spyware Doctor with Anti-Virus along with a few other novelties in the new Google Pack (I'm not usually this download happy, I just wanted to ensure that the virus was gone!) Well after running Spyware Doctor this morning, it found 2 MORE hidden Internet Security 2010 files that none of the other programs found!

So I think everything is cleared up and then one hour later- WHAM my computer just shuts down on me. When I tried to reload it, it brought me to the system menu (start windows normally, safe mode, safe mode with networking, etc) I tried to start my system in safe mode but it loaded a long list of command prompts that filled my screen, then rebooted automatically. I've tried to load my system with every option it gave me but to no avail. Now my system just keeps rebooting automatically and I don't know what to do!

I've scoured this forum but I haven't found anyone with a problem similar to mine...

I have a reboot CD but it is 3,000 miles away. I won't be back home for another month! Is there any other way to fix my computer without the CD?

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 AustrAlien

AustrAlien

Inquisitor

• BC Advisor
  • 6,772 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:57 AM

Posted 30 December 2009 - 06:11 AM

bella08

Welcome to BC

Please do this first:
Get a look at the error message presented by the BSOD (blue screen of death) ....
Start tapping the F8 key after you press the ON button, and continue tapping until you are presented with the "Windows Advanced Options Menu" screen.
Use the UP/DOWN arrow keys to select "Disable automatic restart on system failure" and press the <ENTER> key.
Your system will attempt to restart normally, but when it crashes, it will not re-start: Instead, you will see a BSOD with error message.
Record the error message in full detail, and post in this thread.

Then try the following ...
Start tapping the F8 key after you press the ON button, and continue tapping until you are presented with the "Windows Advanced Options Menu" screen.
Use the UP/DOWN arrow keys to select "Last known good configuration", and press the <ENTER> key.
The computer will attempt to load Windows.
If Windows does not start, try the same thing again .... and continue trying for at least 10 times, before you rule that option out as a means of getting your OS up and running again, normally.
Why 10 times? Based on past experience, a successful result is sometimes achieved after several consecutive failed attempts.
AustrAlien
Google is my friend. Make Google your friend too.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users