Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Media edition video loss

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Nicenic61

Nicenic61

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:26 PM

Posted 29 December 2009 - 02:30 PM

Folks,

I have Windows XP media edition, service pack 3.

The tv/video has stopped working when I start media and try and get the tv bit working. In fact it stopped ages ago and I've only just got round to moaning about it. The media program loads ok fine, I select 'tv', it thinks about it and then in the little tv box in the bottom left hand corner it simply says 'video error' and then locks up. I have to start task manager to get out of it. Then some sort of 'debug error' box appears but that doesn't seem to fix anything.

Any simple solutions appreciated, I'm not particularly computer literate....

Thanks,

Nick (UK)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:26 PM

Posted 29 December 2009 - 02:38 PM

I would try uninstalling...then reinstalling the drivers for the TV capture, using Device Manager.

I don't know how these appear on a Media Center system...but my capture card drivers appear under Sound, Video, Game Controllers when properly installed.

Any yellow question marks in Device Manager?

Louis

#3 Nicenic61

Nicenic61
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:26 PM

Posted 30 December 2009 - 05:11 AM

Hamluis, there's no tv capture thing in device manager and no yellow question mark errors. All the drivers for the video codecs etc. are up to date. I seem to remember from old posts that this may be something to do with previous windows XP updates messing up the video....Note that all other video is fine, it's just the tv in the media bit.

Thanks,

Nick

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:26 PM

Posted 30 December 2009 - 11:04 AM

Afraid I can't offer more, I have no familiarity with MC systems.

I would suggest trying repair install (if you have MCE 2005 and an installation CD).

You might check your system documentation for problem-solving alternatives...or the website/forum/FAQ for the manufacturer of your system.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users