Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

DVD playing and others media issues

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bobparkes

bobparkes

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:04 AM

Posted 29 December 2009 - 12:35 PM

My operating system is XP pro and I have an HP xw6200 with two DVD drives (dual Layer and std) and use Power and Win Media DVD players, without any issues, for a few years. Over the last month or so when a dvd is played the sound then vision jumps and then the sound and vision totally stop.
I'm also having trouble with ITunes player jumping and popping etc.
I've tried resetting DMA/PIO mode but this makes no difference, I've also recently tried the VLC playerand again still the same issues.
Tried to download latest driver (exist 7.2.1.3) for NVidia Quadro PCI-E card but it seems this is the latest
Desperate now and would very much appreciate some guidance on this.
Thanks, bobp

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,246 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:04 AM

Posted 29 December 2009 - 12:41 PM

Defragging your system may help.

You can also check Event Viewer for possible clues. Clues would be errors, not warnings or info items.

How To Use Event Viewer - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/40108/how-to-use-event-viewer/

You might also run the DirectX Diagnostic.

Louis

#3 bobparkes

bobparkes
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:04 AM

Posted 30 December 2009 - 12:04 PM

Thanks for response Louis I'll try your suggestions...regards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users