Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

constant problem with TR/Crypt.XPACK.Gen (trojan)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mattr1980

mattr1980

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:53 PM

Posted 29 December 2009 - 10:38 AM

Hi guys,

I am having a real problem with this trojan on my PC.

I have Windows Vista home edition don't know what service pack it is

I use Avira free edition as my antivirus and have had no problems for a while but the last couple of days it pops up saying its discovered TR/Crypt.XPACK.Gen (trojan) so i ask it to delete the file but 5 mins later it pops up again. Apparenty it is located in my Windows/temp folder....

I have run a spyware scan with 'superantispyware' and a malware scan with 'malwarebytes' which picked up a few problems but repairing said issues doesn't seem to have fixed this one

I'm also finding that when i click on certain web links, i am redirected to various adverts for william hill etc - not sure if this is linked?

Any help would be really appreciated as i consider myself fairly well versed in keeping a clean PC, but this one has done me!!

Matt

EDIT: I've just scanned my pc with combifix but this still hasn't helped :thumbsup:

Edited by mattr1980, 29 December 2009 - 12:44 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mattr1980

mattr1980
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:53 PM

Posted 29 December 2009 - 02:46 PM

sorry to bump this one but i got moved from elsewhere and am worried i might have got missed :thumbsup:

Since i posted this topic i have also done DDS scan and root repeal scan. I have the logs that i can post if anyone would help me :flowers:

Thanks and sorry again for the bump

Matt

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users