Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows XP SP3

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 PC Doc

PC Doc

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:54 AM

Posted 29 December 2009 - 10:32 AM

I am currently trying to repair and DELL PC. The web browser has been hijacked. No matter what browser I use the PC fails.
The issue is when using Google search, or Mozillia, the search tool goes to a totally different site than requested.
For instance. Type google in address bar. Go to Google page. Now I do google search for Lowes.com or Lowes. I get the search results fine.
Now when click on the link or any links asscociated with the lowes search I get redirected to Example: www.mygadgets.... or www.mygadgetsauto... each time the address changes. Then the page open to advertizment page about by Buy Direct or some other advertisement. Each time it is different, but the Buy direct pops up more often. This computer has the latest updates and patching. I have run Spybot, CCleaner, Malwarebytes, SuperAntispyware, and of course the Norton Secuity Suite 2009.
Spyware continues to find spyware the normal junk. CCleaner also finds stuff related. SuperAnti Spyware found simuliar objects.
Norton comes back clean and no issues found. I have been informed to use the Combofix tool next.
The computer has vital records and has no real way to back up the data. Everytime I try to back up files the the PC errors and says there is not enough space available, no matter what media I use.
Can someone please advise

PC Doc :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users