Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Nasty, Nasty Win32.Trojan.Agent.MB very controlling

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 dorkpixie

dorkpixie

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:02 PM

Posted 29 December 2009 - 10:04 AM

:thumbsup: This one is super nasty. I have been using a trial of Kapersky which did not find this. I own a license for Ad-Aware which is what found it. Symptoms: If I try to scan with Panda or MBam it freezes or reboots. This thing is smart and will not let me scan with anything that can remove it. Kapersky is toast once I get this system right again, it doesn't know the Trojan is there. If I do not scan anything....NP it runs without issue, when I boot to Windows 7. I tried booting into XP and it continually froze until I uninstalled MBam (I own licenses for MBam as well as SuperAntispyware both are running on XP due to issues with Win7). Anyway, the long and short of it is that I can't scan this thing to get rid of it, and cannot figure out how I got it; EXCEPT a software I am forced to use for school. It uses and Orbis Client; it's called Test Out software and the Orbis client seems to open a Network connection than causes some of the issue. I also have a new connection I never saw before....and now that I try to look for the name of it, it disappeared. Started with a 'T' I apologize for not writing it down, I didn't know I was infected when I found it and I can't log into XP and see if it's there. If I am able to I will post it. I am begging for help on this one. I have done lots of research and found good answers but this Trojan will not allow me to do any of them. Thanks for any suggestions or help.

I got Panda to remove it. However, now as soon as everything loads it freezes no matter which operating system I use. I work and go to school from home so I will just have to reinstall everything. No time to wait. Sorry for bothering ya. You can close or delete this if you want. Thanks. Hopefully I do not reinfect when I reinstall.

Edited by dorkpixie, 29 December 2009 - 07:01 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 37,109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:02 PM

Posted 29 December 2009 - 07:13 PM

As no logs have been posted, I am shifting this topic from the specialized HiJack This forum to the Am I Infected forum.

==>PLEASE DO NOT NOW POST LOGS<== unless a log is specifically requested.
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Internet Security, NoScript Firefox ext.

animinionsmalltext.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users