Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

antivir...about:blank

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 koenma

koenma

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:47 AM

Posted 29 December 2009 - 09:39 AM

So i get on the internet and i am able to go to certain websites but some like myspace, a screen comes on saying would u like to continue(unprotected) or get security software...its about:blank....idk how to remove this...i have norton 360 but for some reason still got in my internet...Norton said it was low risk so it didn't do nothing about it...can u help?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 doinmeedin

doinmeedin

• Members
  • 455 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:47 PM

Posted 29 December 2009 - 09:47 AM

Your first port of call if you have Norton 360 and it's saying "low risk" but your still worried about it get in touch with Norton and explain what's happening they maybe able to help by doing something from their end !

If life is not an option then why are we not given the option in the first place !

#3 zbd

zbd

• Members
  • 390 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:47 AM

Posted 29 December 2009 - 02:41 PM

I'd remvoe Norton and use free Avast, AVG or Avira.

Norton Removal tool:
http://service1.symantec.com/Support/tsgen...005033108162039

#4 Michael York

Michael York

Authorized Symantec Representative

• Members
  • 118 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:47 AM

Posted 29 December 2009 - 06:30 PM

So i get on the internet and i am able to go to certain websites but some like myspace, a screen comes on saying would u like to continue(unprotected) or get security software...its about:blank....idk how to remove this...i have norton 360 but for some reason still got in my internet...Norton said it was low risk so it didn't do nothing about it...can u help?

Hi koenma,

This is Mike from the Norton Authorized Support Team.

Please tell me which Norton product and version you currently have installed. You can determine this by opening your Norton program, select the "Help & Support" link and then choose "About".

The warning/error message that you mention is not coming from Norton. It sounds like you do have some kind of malware on your computer. Please manually run LiveUpdate from within your Norton product, possibly multiple times, until it informs you that there are no more updates available. After the updates have been installed, complete a "Full System Scan" and let me know the results. As long as you are using a valid copy of a fairly current Norton product, you will be notified of any threats and it will tell you the name of the threat as well. Please let me know if the scan finds any threats, and also the product/version you are using so that I can assist you further.

Thank you,
Mike
Michael York
Norton Authorized Support Team
Symantec Corporation
http://service.symantec.com/priority

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users