Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Xp...

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 K.Mer

K.Mer

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:13 PM

Posted 29 December 2009 - 07:47 AM

Hi~ I am having a few computer issues going on right now. First off though I have to get the desktop to load again. Here's what happened, I know I have malware and a bad infection on the computer, last night I was getting ready to post about it on the removal board.

I saved the DDS tool download to my desk top and ran it so I could post it if asked to do so that went fine, I have that log file saved on my desktop.
Then I also saved RootRepeal to my desk top, However when I tried to run it I recieved an error message saying low on virtual memory windows is freeing up space.
So I left it alone for an hour and the computer was just froze like that~ It wouldnt respond so I could restart it and try again, So I shut it off with the power button, Now the computer starts, goes through the start up process but nothing is displayed on the screen its just a dark blank screen.

When I can get the desk top to load again I will post about the infectionS on the computer over at the proper forum.
Thank you,
KIM

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 doinmeedin

doinmeedin

• Members
  • 455 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:13 PM

Posted 29 December 2009 - 09:37 AM

Try booting in safe mode see if your desktop opens there !

If life is not an option then why are we not given the option in the first place !

#3 Baltboy

Baltboy

Bleepin' Flame Head

• Members
  • 1,432 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:13 PM

Posted 29 December 2009 - 09:45 AM

If you press ctrl-alt-delete does the task manager open up? if so click on the start a new process button and type explorer and run and your desktop will pop right up!
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
Mark Twain

#4 K.Mer

K.Mer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:13 PM

Posted 30 December 2009 - 01:39 PM

Hi Thank you, I did get it to load, I had to use system recovery F8 at the start up screen. No I can go over and work on the other issues...

Thank you.:thumbsup:

#5 doinmeedin

doinmeedin

• Members
  • 455 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:13 PM

Posted 31 December 2009 - 10:44 AM

Good to hear you got sorted ! :thumbsup:

If life is not an option then why are we not given the option in the first place !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users